When I hear the words “Take-Out” I think about quick meals that are usually indulgent in some way. To be honest once I went vegan I never really did take out. There were NO Vegan restaurants around me and I hated piecing together meals. Plus I was young, on a budget, and always felt like I could whip up the dish pretty quickly at home for 1/4th of the price at the restaurant.
So, I began making “Take-In” Recipes. You can make these 10 recipes relatively quickly and they are healthy but just as indulgent as your normal “Take- out”.
1. Vegan Kung Pao Tofu with Broccoli by The Curious Chickpea
I really love making Asian Take-In it is so versatile, quick and great flavors. Eva makes this quick and very delicious Kung Pao Tofu. The only things I do differently than the recipe is
1. I bake my tofu like this recipe here by Ali from Gimme some Oven. I find baking my tofu is SO much easier. You just pop in the oven and move on to making the sauce and whatever else and it’s ready and crispy and NOT oily.
2. I just use Tamari instead of light and dark soy sauce, I know some may say I’m all wrong and there is a difference but for my husband and my personal preference, we just like Tamari.
Besides that I love follow the recipe.
2. EASY VEGGIE VEGAN PIZZA WITH 20 MINUTE CRUST by Vegan Richa
How can you go wrong with Vegan Pizza? There are so many options of how to make it and it really is super quick once you get the hang of making dough, which really is not hard. Plus you can put whatever you want on top!
3. Vegan Spinach Dip by Marc
A friend of mine shared this recipe with me a little over a year ago and I LOVE IT! It is so simple to whip up and delicious. It goes great with fresh bread or Tortilla chips.
4. Vegan Burrito by The Simple Veganista
Julie gives you a great easy to follow recipe for a burrito. I have been eating burritos since I was little and black beans have been a staple in my diet since I was a kid. I would definitely recommend also making the Pico de Gallo to add to the burrito.
5. Quinoa Tabbouleh by Simple Veganista
Here is one more of Julie’s recipes I like to make, especially during summer. It’s a great recipe for lunch or even to put in a jar and take to go.
6. Best Ever Vegan Carbonara by Avant-Garde Vegan
I simply LOVE basically all of Gaz’s recipes. I was gifted his last cookbook and am now hooked on his recipes. This one is relatively easy but delicious. Some can be more complicated to make but they have such a complex mix of flavors that it’s well worth it. I feel like I’m a chef at a fancy 5 star vegan restaurant anytime I cook one of his meals. I recommend visiting his site to check out some of his other meals also.
7. Tofu Vietnamese Sub (Bánh Mì) by Pick Up Limes
This is not your average Turkey Sub but it’s SO delicious. I think the best thing about being Vegan is having more complex flavors in you dishes. So, a Sub can be so much more than just a plain sub.
8. 30 Minute Coconut Curry by Minimalist Baker
This is a nice quick curry recipe that is simple to make but very filling.
The last two Take-In recipes I left for those Tasty dessert treats.
9. Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cake by Loving it Vegan
Ahhh… Who doesn’t love a delicious piece of super moist chocolate cake? This cake goes so quickly in my house.
10. Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies by Chocolate Covered Kate
And number 10 is a great Cookie!